"WAS IT MY LAST DANCE?"
By Rania Khan Fogarty.
Music: “Almost but not quite – Jef Martens”
As I entered the room, I immediately noticed its emptiness. The lack of furniture, objects, or any signs of life created a desolate atmosphere. The sound of my footsteps reverberated through the space, amplified by the absence of any other sound. Each step seemed to linger in the air, filling the silence and reminding me of the vastness of the room.
The echoes of my footsteps bouncing off the walls added to the eerie ambiance, intensifying the sense of solitude. With each subsequent step, the echoes continued to resonate, as if the room itself was attempting to retain the presence of any movement. The emptiness of the room and the reverberating echoes only amplified my feelings of isolation and curiosity about what had transpired in this space.
I couldn't help but wonder why the room was empty and what had led to its current state. The echoes served as a reminder of the void that existed within the room, visually and acoustically, leaving me with a sense of mystery and a desire to uncover the secrets that lay within its empty confines.
I switched on the music, breaking the silence and adding a touch of vibrancy to the otherwise empty room. The music intertwined with the echoes of my footsteps, creating a surreal ambiance that captivated my senses.
With the music playing, I took a moment to observe my surroundings. The walls of the room caught my attention, as they were adorned with an array of coloured mirrors. Each mirror reflected the faint light, scattering hues across the room and casting a kaleidoscope of colours in every direction. The mirrors created a mesmerizing display, amplifying the visual impact and transforming the once empty space into a captivating spectacle.
As I moved around the room, the coloured mirrors reflected my image, distorting and multiplying it in unexpected ways. The combination of music, echoing footsteps, and the dazzling display of reflective surfaces immersed me in a unique and surreal experience. It felt as if I were part of a larger artistic creation, where sound, light, and movement merged into a harmonious symphony.
The room, once empty and desolate, now held a mysterious allure. The coloured mirrors added an element of intrigue, raising questions about their purpose and the intentions behind their placement. Each reflection seemed to hold secrets and possibilities, inviting me to explore further and uncover the hidden depths of this enigmatic space.
As the music filled the room and enveloped my senses, I stood at the centre, surrendering myself to its rhythm and melody. With my hands raised, I allowed myself to be carried away by the flow, letting the music guide my movements. Closing my eyes, I embraced the moment, immersing myself in the harmony and letting it resonate within me.
As my body swayed gently to the music, I felt a profound connection between my thoughts and physicality. The music became a conduit, allowing my innermost emotions to intertwine with the external world. With every beat, my thoughts and worries seemed to dissipate, replaced by a sense of liberation and tranquillity.
In this moment, I was free from the constraints of the outside world, allowing the music to guide my thoughts and shape my body's movements. The room with its coloured mirrors provided a unique backdrop, reflecting fragmented glimpses of my dancing form, creating a kaleidoscopic image that further enhanced the ethereal experience.
The synchronization between the music, my thoughts, and my physical being created a harmonious unity, transcending the boundaries of the physical space. In this moment of pure expression and connection, I found solace, joy, and a temporary escape from the outside world.
As the music continued to weave its magic, I embraced the freedom of self-expression, allowing my body and mind to be fully immersed in the experience. The room and its mirrored walls became a vessel for my personal journey, a space where I could explore my emotions, desires, and the depths of my own being through the language of music and movement.
The sudden loud bang shattered the serenity of the moment, instantly jolting me out of my reverie. Startled, my eyes flew open, only to find myself back in the familiarity of my own room. The remnants of the music fading away as reality rushed back in.
As I tried to regain my composure, I noticed a body laid on my bed. I moved closer, for I recognized the face. The bleeding wrists, a piece of shattered mirror in her hand. It was an unexpected intrusion, and a wave of confusion that washed over me. I quickly assessed the situation, though I shouldn’t feel the need to.
The body was mine.
The sudden interruption had disrupted the enchanting experience I had just encountered, leaving me feeling disoriented and slightly vulnerable.
I became aware of my surroundings, the familiar objects and the comfort of my own bed. The room, once filled with the echoes of my imagined dance, now felt subdued and ordinary. I couldn't help but wonder if the vivid experience I had just lived through was a figment of your imagination or a fleeting glimpse into another realm.
I asked myself.
“Was it my last dance?”
And slowly, I faded....

Comments
Post a Comment